Arduino yun as wifi 1wire master

Dr. Trigon
Hi Jan

I am looking for a possiblity to wirelessly attach 1wire slaves to my bus for quite some time.
The Arduino Yun can act as a wifi client and connect to other wifi nets [1]. Also an Arduino can be used as a 1wire master by setting up OneWireFirmata [2]. Do you see any chance to make that working? To get something like a "wireless LinkHubE"?

[1] https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=188741.0
[2] https://wiki.fhem.de/wiki/Arduino_mit_OneWireFirmata

Greetings
DrTrigon

Re: Arduino yun as wifi 1wire master

Jan Kandziora
Am 16.07.2017 um 20:36 schrieb Dr. Trigon:

> I am looking for a possiblity to wirelessly attach 1wire slaves to my
> bus for quite some time. The Arduino Yun can act as a wifi client and
> connect to other wifi nets [1]. Also an Arduino can be used as a
> 1wire master by setting up OneWireFirmata [2]. Do you see any chance
> to make that working? To get something like a "wireless LinkHubE"?

The Arduino Yun's main processor runs an OpenWrt derivative.

Owserver is available as a package for newer OpenWrt Linux
distributions, but only version 2.8p13, it seems. That would mean you
had to cross-compile it yourself to be up-to-date. Backporting to a
six-year old version doesn't make sense.

It would be much easier for you to use a Raspberry Pi Zero W because it
runs the Raspbian distribution which is more up-to-date. Hook up a
DS2483 to one of the I²C ports of the Raspberry or use the bitbanging
master. They are both supported OOTB.

(Personally, I think the Arduinos jumped the shark a long while ago.)

Re: Arduino yun as wifi 1wire master

Andrew Errington
Take a look at the ESP8266 chip, available in a variety of configurations very cheaply.

Using one for this purpose was discussed on this list here:

Best wishes,

Andrew