DS2438 Elapsed time

Paul Hilton
I have a 1wire setup from a WRT54G,
in the network is a DS2438Z battery monitor chip,
I am using OWFS to access the network.

I cannot get the elapsed time counter to work, date and udate,
it always reads back as 1 second past the reference time (midnight at
the beginning of 1/1/70) and 1 from utime. It neither writes nor counts.

I have read through the data sheet, and the OWFS documentation and I
can't find out why it shouldn't work.

Has anyone else seen this working? Am I missing something simple?

--
Paul Hilton <[hidden email]>

Re: DS2438 Elapsed time

Paul Alfille
Must be a bug. I'll figure it out tomorrow and post a fix

On Saturday 04 June 2005 03:53 pm, Paul Hilton wrote:

> I have a 1wire setup from a WRT54G,
> in the network is a DS2438Z battery monitor chip,
> I am using OWFS to access the network.
>
> I cannot get the elapsed time counter to work, date and udate,
> it always reads back as 1 second past the reference time (midnight at
> the beginning of 1/1/70) and 1 from utime. It neither writes nor counts.
>
> I have read through the data sheet, and the OWFS documentation and I
> can't find out why it shouldn't work.
>
> Has anyone else seen this working? Am I missing something simple?

Re: DS2438 Elapsed time

Paul Alfille
On Saturday 04 June 2005 03:53 pm, Paul Hilton wrote:
> I have a 1wire setup from a WRT54G,
> in the network is a DS2438Z battery monitor chip,
> I am using OWFS to access the network.
>
> I cannot get the elapsed time counter to work, date and udate,
> it always reads back as 1 second past the reference time (midnight at
> the beginning of 1/1/70) and 1 from utime. It neither writes nor counts.

You found a bug. Basically the simple conversion from a 4byte string to a date
was done poorly. I now use the same code as the DS2415 and DS2417.

It is fixed in the CVS version.

Thanks for the report.

Paul

Re: DS2438 Elapsed time

Paul Hilton
Just to let you know that I remade the WRT software, using CVS version
of OWFS. It now seems to work exactly as advertised.

Paul Hilton