DS2483 and static electric shock

Henry
Hello dear friends.

I've finished my hobby project.

You can see the scheme at https://www.kozubsky.org/constant/
Sorry, it's russian site, but you can see pictures and screenshorts.

I have a problem now.
I've lost the DS2483 and lost the AM1P-0505SH30Z after by discharge a
static electricity of my wool poolover to an 1-w cable. I've touch the
cable isolation with a big flash from my finger (1cm about) and lost
all 1w bus. ;-)

Do you know a good defence of an 1-w bus from static electricity?

Thanks.
--

== Henry Pootel ==

Re: DS2483 and static electric shock

Henrik Östman
I believe this one is commonly used:
https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/products/interface/signal-line-protection-ics/DS9503.html

// Henrik

Den 2016-11-13 kl. 18:49, skrev Henry Pootel:

> Hello dear friends.
>
> I've finished my hobby project.
>
> You can see the scheme at https://www.kozubsky.org/constant/
> Sorry, it's russian site, but you can see pictures and screenshorts.
>
> I have a problem now.
> I've lost the DS2483 and lost the AM1P-0505SH30Z after by discharge a
> static electricity of my wool poolover to an 1-w cable. I've touch the
> cable isolation with a big flash from my finger (1cm about) and lost
> all 1w bus. ;-)
>
> Do you know a good defence of an 1-w bus from static electricity?
>
> Thanks.

Re: DS2483 and static electric shock

Colin Law
On 13 November 2016 at 22:24, Henrik Östman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I believe this one is commonly used:
> https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/products/interface/signal-line-protection-ics/DS9503.html

I think you would need one of those for each device that you wanted to protect.

Colin

> // Henrik
>
> Den 2016-11-13 kl. 18:49, skrev Henry Pootel:
>> Hello dear friends.
>>
>> I've finished my hobby project.
>>
>> You can see the scheme at https://www.kozubsky.org/constant/
>> Sorry, it's russian site, but you can see pictures and screenshorts.
>>
>> I have a problem now.
>> I've lost the DS2483 and lost the AM1P-0505SH30Z after by discharge a
>> static electricity of my wool poolover to an 1-w cable. I've touch the
>> cable isolation with a big flash from my finger (1cm about) and lost
>> all 1w bus. ;-)
>>
>> Do you know a good defence of an 1-w bus from static electricity?
>>
>> Thanks.

Re: DS2483 and static electric shock

Henry
Thank you very much, dears Henrik and Colin.

I'll use DS9503 protector and try to set a diode with resistors
to the scheme as like the DS9503.

Henry

14.11.2016 00:24, Henrik Östman пишет:

> I believe this one is commonly used:
> https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/products/interface/signal-line-protection-ics/DS9503.html
>
> // Henrik
>
> Den 2016-11-13 kl. 18:49, skrev Henry Pootel:
>> Hello dear friends.
>>
>> I've finished my hobby project.
>>
>> You can see the scheme at https://www.kozubsky.org/constant/
>> Sorry, it's russian site, but you can see pictures and screenshorts.
>>
>> I have a problem now.
>> I've lost the DS2483 and lost the AM1P-0505SH30Z after by discharge a
>> static electricity of my wool poolover to an 1-w cable. I've touch the
>> cable isolation with a big flash from my finger (1cm about) and lost
>> all 1w bus. ;-)
>>
>> Do you know a good defence of an 1-w bus from static electricity?
>>
>> Thanks.

== Henry Pootel ==

Re: DS2483 and static electric shock

Nigel Titley
We routinely use a DS9503 on every board we design. It pushes the price
up a tiny bit but static is such a common problem that it's not worth
leaving them off.

All the best

Nigel

Homechip Ltd