How to perform lowlevel read operation from libow or libcapi?

How to perform lowlevel read operation from libow or libcapi?

SLPotapenko
Hi,
Please help me with libow (owfs) API.
How I can send the command "Read ROM" (0x33) and get response from OW bus at this? This is needed for working with ds1990 similar device .
How I can get access to  lowlevel iface of OW bus from private data structures of  libcapi ?

Re: How to perform lowlevel read operation from libow or libcapi?

Jan Kandziora
Am 04.04.2017 um 09:47 schrieb Потапенко Сергей:
> Hi,
> Please help me with libow (owfs) API.
> How I can send the command "Read ROM" (0x33) and get response from OW bus at
> this? This is needed for working with ds1990 similar device .
> How I can get access to  lowlevel iface of OW bus from private data structures
> of  libcapi ?

Reading the /bus.0/simultaneous/single node issues a READ ROM (0x33)
command. Reading the /bus.0/simultaneous/single_ds2400 node issues a
READ ROM (0x0F) command. The result in both cases is the ID of the
single chip connected to the selected bus (here: bus.0).

e.g.

# owserver --i2c=ALL:ALL

$ owread /bus.0/simultaneous/single

Please note you cannot use these nodes with the DS9490 host adapter, as
it already has an iButton built-in. Connecting another onewwire chip and
issuing any of these commands results in wired-and garbage data.

Re: How to perform lowlevel read operation from libow or libcapi?

Am 04.04.2017 um 09:47 schrieb Потапенко Сергей:

> How I can get access to  lowlevel iface of OW bus from private data structures
> of  libcapi ?

You cannot. Libow and owcapi are just there to hide those details from
the user.

If you want to access a new slave chip, the easiest way is to add
support for it in owfs. Find the existing code under
modules/owlib/src/c/. If you provide information and are willing to
test, we could also help you adding support for your ow slave chip.