MoaT tests

Dr. Trigon
Hi Matthias

Following up to https://sourceforge.net/p/owfs/mailman/message/35416454/ I splitted
the 3 topics:

3. MoaT on
ATtiny, ATmega (Arduino Nano) - what would be the
most simple MoaT test setup with the chip mentioned?

Matthias' territory, sorry here.

;-)

For playing with the code, the "test" setup (or some modification of it)
would be ideal. That's for ATmega88 with external 16MHz crystal.

I'd recommend against using an ATtiny, or an ATmega with the internal
crystal, until you've got more familiar with the code ? for the simple
reason that they're slower / more resource-constrained, thus you'll have
a harder time debugging if something should go wrong.

Hmmm. So an Arduino Uno would not work? Would any board from the Arduino product line
be (easily) usable?

I had a look into ATmega88 and found [1,2] but as I can see they both have an 8 MHz crystal
only. Can you recommend any commercial board? If not, do you have a reference design for me
to start with?

[1] LC AVR ATmega88 core board: http://www.wayengineer.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=174#.WAzjA81CTqA
[2] Atmega8 Atmega48 Atmega88 Development Board: http://www.terapeak.com/worth/2pcs-atmega8-atmega48-atmega88-development-board-avr-no-chip-diy-kit-m81/302001929761

Thanks and Greetings

Dr. Trigon

Re: MoaT tests

Matthias Urlichs-3
On 24.10.2016 00:49, Dr. Trigon wrote:
> Hmmm. So an Arduino Uno would not work?
The hardware would work. It's 16 MHz and 5V.
> Would any board from the Arduino product line
> be (easily) usable?
Probably. 3.3V boards are not recommended. Other than that, I don't see
a problem.

NB: your email program destroys the information which text you're
quoting vs. what you wrote yourself. Your emails are thus needlessly
hard to read. Please fix that.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs