OWFS on Raspberry Pi 2 help

12

Re: OWFS on Raspberry Pi 2 help

Jan Kandziora
Am 02.05.2016 um 22:48 schrieb Juliean Galak:
> Ah!  I'm not running Jessie, I'm running Wheezy.  Under Jessie, I couldn't
> get even w1 by itself to work (I'm also not sure the software I'm planning
> on running works under Jessie).

This doesn't explain why you have problems with the owserver-2.8p15
delivered with Wheezy.

Re: OWFS on Raspberry Pi 2 help

Juliean Galak
It is my understanding that owserver 2.8 doesn't play well with w1.  I may be wrong on this, but I couldn't get it to work.

Juliean.

Sent from my iPad

Am 03.05.2016 um 04:30 schrieb Juliean Galak:
> It is my understanding that owserver 2.8 doesn't play well with w1.
> I may be wrong on this, but I couldn't get it to work.

To state again:

Older owserver et al. do work well with Linux < 3.16rc1. Then, a small
change had been introduced in Linux w1 subsystem which broke owserver
and nobody of us noticed because the w1 subsystem wasn't widely used by
anyone but the Raspi community. They used it because it's the only way
to employ a GPIO as a onewire host.

There had been a private patch to fix this in owserver et al. and we
finally pulled this patch into the core owlib with version 3.1p1.

If you have problems with Linux < 3.16rc1 and the --w1 option, these
problems won't go away by using owserver >= 3.1p1.

12