Problems with DS2450 ...

Ritchie
Dear all,

I know this is not a common owfs problem, but I would like to know some
information about the communication to the ds2450 and how to debug it
with the owserver.

Wright now I am working on a Ds2450 Slave, based on a attiny45 and
I get the values "Error: Invalid argument" on "PIO.*" and "volt.*" shown
as values in the webpage of the owserver.

The "memory" is shown the value
"0000000000000000008000800080008000FF00FF00FF00FF0000000040000000"

and I do not know how to find the reason, because Memory transfer is
working so far i can see correctly (used values of 1.. 31 and checked it
on the "page" infos).

I also noticed, that the command "CONVERT" (0x3C)  was not send to the
slave (or was not recognize), which I guess is my fault, but where do I
have to take a closer look. I do not have a logic analyser to get closer.

I also try to show the communication of the owserver, but I do
not see any entries on the console.

I used the command:

sudo /usr/bin/owserver --foreground --error_print=0 --error_level=9 -c
/etc/owfs.conf

Can anybody help me ?

Best regards

R.

Re: Problems with DS2450 ...

Jan Kandziora
Am 08.01.2017 um 11:25 schrieb Ritchie:
> Dear all,
>
> I know this is not a common owfs problem, but I would like to know some
> information about the communication to the ds2450 and how to debug it
> with the owserver.

Please look at the source code. module/owlib/src/c/ow_2450.c has most of
the relevant code for communicating with the chip. The other part is in
module/owlib/src/c/ow_memory.c

> Wright now I am working on a Ds2450 Slave, based on a attiny45 and
> I get the values "Error: Invalid argument" on "PIO.*"

You have to follow the FS_r_PIO() function down to the place in the code
which is interesting to you.

I strongly recommend to build you own version of OWFS and add some
instrumentation in that file so you see what is delivered from your
homebrewn device.

> and "volt.*" shown
> as values in the webpage of the owserver.
>
> The "memory" is shown the value
> "0000000000000000008000800080008000FF00FF00FF00FF0000000040000000"
>
> and I do not know how to find the reason, because Memory transfer is
> working so far i can see correctly (used values of 1.. 31 and checked it
> on the "page" infos).

So, reading individual PIOs work but the aggregate doesn't?

> I also noticed, that the command "CONVERT" (0x3C)  was not send to the
> slave (or was not recognize), which I guess is my fault, but where do I
> have to take a closer look. I do not have a logic analyser to get closer.
>
> I also try to show the communication of the owserver, but I do
> not see any entries on the console.
>
> I used the command:
>
> sudo /usr/bin/owserver --foreground --error_print=0 --error_level=9 -c
> /etc/owfs.conf

Try the --debug switch instead. And please check that you don't
accidentally use a version of OWFS with messages disabled during
compilation. That has been the case for older debian packages, for example.