Profiling option to help optimization

Christian Magnusson

I have optimized some functions which I noticed took very long time to
execute, and I have decreased the usage of UT_delay too...

I added --enable-profiling to configure. It doesn't work with dynamic
linked libow, so use it like this:

./bootstrap --enable-profiling --disable-shared
make ; make install

/opt/owfs/bin/owhttpd --foreground -p 3333 -u
(Stress-test it for a while)
<Ctrl-C>
gprof -b /opt/owfs/bin/owhttpd

--
Christian Magnusson <[hidden email]>

Re: Profiling option to help optimization

Christian Magnusson

Forgot to say that kernel should be compiled with CONFIG_PROFILING=y
to get information about accumulated time in each function.

/Christian

--
Christian Magnusson <[hidden email]>