Release plans for next version?

Tomasz Torcz-4

  Hi,

  Is there a rough date set for the next release of owfs?

Currently, I have older version packaged in Fedora and
I would like to refresh it before F25 release.  Unfortunately
libow changes version and SONAME with every minor release,
triggering the need to rebuild all the dependent packages.
  I would like to minize amount of rebuilds, so if next owfs
version appeared before half of September I'll be happy. :-)

  (if libow was more stable with respect to version I would be
   even happier).

--
Tomasz Torcz                Only gods can safely risk perfection,
xmpp: [hidden email]     it's a dangerous thing for a man.  -- Alia

Re: Release plans for next version?

Jan Kandziora
Am 20.07.2016 um 13:48 schrieb Tomasz Torcz:

>   Is there a rough date set for the next release of owfs?

Not yet. But we have a number of valueable changes since 3.1p1 so it may
be due.

Re: Release plans for next version?

Martin Patzak (GMX)

Is there an overview over the changes?

I am specifically interested in Johan Ströms improvements for the LinkUSB Master.

Will this be available as a Debian package before autumn?

Cheers, Martin

On 07/20/2016 02:26 PM, Jan Kandziora wrote:
Am 20.07.2016 um 13:48 schrieb Tomasz Torcz:
  Is there a rough date set for the next release of owfs?

Not yet. But we have a number of valueable changes since 3.1p1 so it may
be due.

Re: Release plans for next version?

Martin Patzak (GMX)

I wanted to add:

I ask this not because I am too lazy to search, but all I found was this, which is rather old:

http://owfs.org/index.php?page=change-log

On sourceforge the version goes up to 3.1p1, the last release.

I understand that owfs has moved to git and there must be the documentation of the changes, how do I access this? I cannot find owfs on git - I must be blind?

Thanks, Martin

reports.http://sdm.link/zohodev2dev

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 04:52:44PM +0200, Martin Patzak (GMX) wrote:

> I wanted to add:
>
> I ask this not because I am too lazy to search, but all I found was this,
> which is rather old:
>
> http://owfs.org/index.php?page=change-log
>
> On sourceforge the version goes up to 3.1p1, the last release.
>
> I understand that owfs has moved to git and there must be the documentation
> of the changes, how do I access this? I cannot find owfs on git - I must be
> blind?

  Starting from http://owfs.org/index.php?page=source-code-availability ,
there's “Browse source code” link at the bottom.  Next, you will be
only one click on “History” away from

https://sourceforge.net/p/owfs/code/ci/master/log/?path=