Unsupported 1-wire device

Péter Zsembery
Dear Members,
I have implemented a TX-20 anemometer in my home made 1-wire weather station. Since TX-20 does not have 1-wire interface I had to develop my own 1-wire slave unit (based on a PIC16F877A MCU)  which is a bridge between the anemometer and the 1-wire network. The 1-wire network is managed by a home developed 1-wire master (also based on a PIC16F877A MCU)  which can handle the home made 1-wire slave.
Now I want to attach the weather station to a Raspberry Pi. I plan to use OWFS and a DS2482 as 1-wire master.
Is it possible to configure the OWFS to recognize and communicate with my custom 1-wire slave device? If yes please advise where to find the documentation.
Thank you
Peter

Re: Unsupported 1-wire device

CReese
Out of curiosity, why did you not use one of the supported avr 1Wire slave implementations?

Am 03.05.2017 um 18:55 schrieb Péter Zsembery:

> Is it possible to configure the OWFS to recognize and communicate with my
> custom 1-wire slave device? If yes please advise where to find the
> documentation.

Yes, and it's quite simple. You have to add support for it in the owlib
part of owfs. You find it in the sources below module/owlib/src/c.

Is your onewire slave fully custom, or is its programming interfacve
similar to an existing device. If the latter, you can take one of the
existing slave support source files and tweak it a bit. Or copy and
tweak and adjust the makefiles etc.

Do you have documentation of your custom slave device? I (or someone
else with insight) could help you adding support for it into owfs.

Re: Unsupported 1-wire device

Alastair D'Silva

Hi,

I'm going down the same path myself. You can see my work-in-progress here:
https://github.com/InfernoEmbedded/owfs/tree/infernoembedded

You might also want to look at the MOAT changes here:
https://github.com/M-o-a-T/owfs

Both of these implementations are probably overkill for a 1-of device, but it's a good example to see how to do more advanced implementations, such as hiding unavailable directory entries.

Incidentally, I've chosen family code FE for my gear, so you may want to pick something different :)

--
Alastair D'Silva           mob: 0423 762 819
skype: alastair_dsilva     msn: [hidden email]