eservice LCD tests

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

eservice LCD tests

Dr. Trigon
Hi Jan

Following up to https://sourceforge.net/p/owfs/mailman/message/35416454/I splitted
the 3 topics:


2. eservices LCD
update me on the LCD status? am I right that we stoped with the
question whether the LCD got correct voltage for contrast setting?
measuring that analog voltage would be the next step? or shall I try
to analyze the logic output of the 1wire chip?


First give me a pointer where you have been stuck last time. I cannot
tell you that.


The discussion was https://sourceforge.net/p/owfs/mailman/search/?q=%22How+to+use+eservice+LCD%22&mail_list=owfs-developers&sort=posted_date%20desc
The last message was: https://sourceforge.net/p/owfs/mailman/message/35207713/

So to summarize briefly; you created a test hardware (do you have more info about that?) and
2 patches (2nd one for contrast if I remember right ... or background light). I did as you instructed
me - of course I power cycled the device etc. - but nothing worked for me.
I want to give that another try as I will not accept it not to work! ;) The question is now how to
proceed from my side? I think I need to reverse engineer this device until I can uncover the bug
or missunderstanding in how it is supposed to work. What is your recommendation?

Thanks and Greetings
Dr. Trigon
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Owfs-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/owfs-developers
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: eservice LCD tests

Jan Kandziora
Am 24.10.2016 um 00:47 schrieb Dr. Trigon:

> Hi Jan
>
> Following up to https://sourceforge.net/p/owfs/mailman/message/35416454/I splitted
> the 3 topics:
>
>
> 2. eservices LCD
> update me on the LCD status? am I right that we stoped with the
> question whether the LCD got correct voltage for contrast setting?
> measuring that analog voltage would be the next step? or shall I try
> to analyze the logic output of the 1wire chip?
>
>
> The discussion was https://sourceforge.net/p/owfs/mailman/search/?q=%22How+to+use+eservice+LCD%22&mail_list=owfs-developers&sort=posted_date%20desc
> The last message was: https://sourceforge.net/p/owfs/mailman/message/35207713/
>
> So to summarize briefly; you created a test hardware (do you have more info about that?) and
> 2 patches (2nd one for contrast if I remember right ... or background light).
>
Ah, yes. I remember. I've not taken it apart, so I could do tests over
here again.


> I did as you instructed
> me - of course I power cycled the device etc. - but nothing worked for me.
>
That's bad because I wired my test display exactly as the datasheet from
eservice said. And it works.


> I want to give that another try as I will not accept it not to work! ;) The question is now how to
> proceed from my side? I think I need to reverse engineer this device until I can uncover the bug
> or missunderstanding in how it is supposed to work. What is your recommendation?
>
Please check whether the device is wired as the datasheet says. Check
the contrast setting on the display. When the display is turned on and
contrast is very high, it should *without the host connected* display
one row of full blocks. That's how the spaces look at high contrast.

Turn constrast down only a bit, then hook it up the host and check
whether something is on the display.

Kind regards

        Jan


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Command Line: Reinvented for Modern Developers
Did the resurgence of CLI tooling catch you by surprise?
Reconnect with the command line and become more productive.
Learn the new .NET and ASP.NET CLI. Get your free copy!
http://sdm.link/telerik
_______________________________________________
Owfs-developers mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/owfs-developers