httpd crash on alias change

Mick Sulley
I am playing around with changing aliases via pyownet.  I have had
instances where it all looks OK in python, but the httpd web page shows
it hasn't changed, but now I am seeing that it has changed on the top
level display but when I try to open a sensor the web page disappears
and httpd has stopped.

I tried to start httpd with debug  but get

$ sudo systemctl start owhttpd.service --debug
systemctl: unrecognized option '--debug'

Are there know issues with httpd?  I am looking at the uncached
display.  How can I start it with debug?

Thanks

Mick

Re: httpd crash on alias change

brucek-2
There has been a long standing bug( at least for me) that setting aliases in
a file doesn't work with httpd...it still tries to access by id.
If I manually set an alias in httpd (ie:
http://192.168.2.30:3001/20.07D713000000?alias=my+alias) then it will
work....until a restart.
(running 3.1p0 on a rpi )
Bruce

Re: httpd crash on alias change

Mick Sulley
OK thanks for that.  Not a major problem for me, just that httpd is an
easy way to have a quick look at what is happening.

Mick

Am 07.09.2016 um 14:17 schrieb Mick Sulley:

> $ sudo systemctl start owhttpd.service --debug systemctl:
> unrecognized option '--debug'

Nah, that won't work.

> Are there know issues with httpd?  I am looking at the uncached
> display.  How can I start it with debug?

You have to stop the systemd unit, then start owhttpd by hand.