no stderr\syslog output, owserver 2.8p15, debian wheezy

no stderr\syslog output, owserver 2.8p15, debian wheezy

Rick Bolen(gm)
Hello list,

I'mstruggling to get any diagnostic output from the Debian Wheezy pkg of
owserver. I've tried many command-line combos, but no joy. The latest was:

/usr/bin/owserver -c /etc/owfs.conf --pid-file
/var/run/owfs/owserver.pid --error_print=2 --error_level=4 --foreground

I've read a few other reports of this lack of output, but found no solution.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Rick

Re: no stderr\syslog output, owserver 2.8p15, debian wheezy

medvedko
Using Debi^W... old version. Upgrade to Arch^WW... will fix this problem.

> What am I doing wrong?

Did you found solution?

Re: no stderr\syslog output, owserver 2.8p15, debian wheezy

Paul Alfille-2
can you start with --debug ?

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 4:38 AM, vermus <[hidden email]> wrote:
Rick Bolen(gm) wrote
> /usr/bin/owserver -c /etc/owfs.conf --pid-file
> /var/run/owfs/owserver.pid --error_print=2 --error_level=4 --foreground
>
> I've read a few other reports of this lack of output, but found no
> solution.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

+1

Did you found solution?

Re: no stderr\syslog output, owserver 2.8p15, debian wheezy

vermus
Paul Alfille-2 wrote
can you start with --debug ?
full line:

# /usr/bin/owserver --debug  --error_level=9 --error_print=2 --foreground -c /etc/owfs.conf --pid-file /var/run/owfs/owserver.pid
DEBUG MODE
libow version:
        2.8p15

or

no console output, no rsyslogd output (with error_print=1)...

Re: no stderr\syslog output, owserver 2.8p15, debian wheezy

Paul Alfille-2
Try the --debug instead of error_print and error_level. It should work.

On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 12:02 AM, vermus <[hidden email]> wrote:
Paul Alfille-2 wrote
> can you start with --debug ?

full line:

# /usr/bin/owserver --debug  --error_level=9 --error_print=2 --foreground -c
/etc/owfs.conf --pid-file /var/run/owfs/owserver.pid
DEBUG MODE
libow version:
        2.8p15

or

# /usr/bin/owserver --debug  --error_level 9 --error_print 2 --foreground -c
/etc/owfs.conf --pid-file /var/run/owfs/owserver.pid
DEBUG MODE
libow version:
        2.8p15

no console output, no rsyslogd output (with error_print=1)...

Re: no stderr\syslog output, owserver 2.8p15, debian wheezy

Arne Raaen
Hi,

As I mentioned in my Dec 28th post (still hoping for a comment to the main issue, btw), I suspect that debugging has been actively disabled in the debian/ubuntu/raspbian packages.

This is based on multiple unsuccessful attempts to turn on error-logging  on two different Ubuntu and one RPi system.

When I finally attempted to build from source (http://owfs.org/index.php?page=building-under-ubuntu), errorlogging worked fine.

Arne

On 01.02.2014 12:19, Paul Alfille wrote:
Try the --debug instead of error_print and error_level. It should work.

On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 12:02 AM, vermus <[hidden email]> wrote:
Paul Alfille-2 wrote
> can you start with --debug ?

full line:

# /usr/bin/owserver --debug  --error_level=9 --error_print=2 --foreground -c
/etc/owfs.conf --pid-file /var/run/owfs/owserver.pid
DEBUG MODE
libow version:
        2.8p15

or

# /usr/bin/owserver --debug  --error_level 9 --error_print 2 --foreground -c
/etc/owfs.conf --pid-file /var/run/owfs/owserver.pid
DEBUG MODE
libow version:
        2.8p15

no console output, no rsyslogd output (with error_print=1)...

security issues and trends.  Skip the complicated setup - simply import