owcapiexample parameters to pass

bdrmachine
Would someone Please help me with the input string needed for the owcapiexample program. I am trying to read my 18b20 sensors that are attached to my Raspberry Pi 3 using the I2C interface. I can read them with my browser @ “localhost:2121”. The problem is I can not get the example code that was loaded at (/usr/share/doc/libowfs-dev/examples/owcapi/C) to work. I need help figuring out what parameters to pass to ./owcapiexample ??? ????

I have spent countless hours at this. Please help.

Thanks
Brian

Re: owcapiexample parameters to pass

Jan Kandziora
Am 13.01.2017 um 18:23 schrieb bdrmachine:
> Wouldsomeone Please help me with the input string needed forthe
> owcapiexample program. I am trying to read my 18b20 sensors that
> areattached to my Raspberry Pi 3 using the I2C interface. I can
> readthem with my browser @ “localhost:2121”. The problem is I cannot
> get the example code that was loaded
> at(/usr/share/doc/libowfs-dev/examples/owcapi/C) to work. I need
> helpfiguring out what parameters to pass to ./owcapiexample ??? ????
> Ihave spent countless hours at this. Please help. ThanksBrian

Please understand this very simple test program first:

=== Makefile ========================================================================
.PHONY: all clean
CFLAGS=-I /opt/owfs/include/
LDFLAGS=-L /opt/owfs/lib64/ -lowcapi

all: owcapitest

clean:
        -rm *.o owcapitest

owcapitest: owcapitest.o
        $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@ $^

=== owcapitest.c ====================================================================
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <owcapi.h>

int main(int argc, char* argv[]) {
        size_t   rs;
        char    *buf;
        ssize_t  rss;

        if ((rss = OW_init("-s localhost:4304")) < 0) {
                        perror("OW_init failed");
                        exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
        }

        if ((rs = OW_get("/uncached/10.AE9C54020800/temperature", &buf, &rs)) < 0) {
                        perror("OW_get failed");
                        exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
        }

        printf("%s\n",buf);
}

Am 13.01.2017 um 23:34 schrieb bdrmachine:

> Okay I give up.  I thought there was a simple way to add parameters
> to that code to learn how to use C.

Um, it was giving exactly *two* OWFS specific calls, which are pretty
understandable. What's the problem?

>  I have code that work in python
> but that is not what I like to use.  This learning curve is taking
> more time than I have.  For some reason your code won't compile.

If you'd show me the log, I could tell you why.

If you don't like python and have problems setting up you C compiling
environment, why don't use one of the numerous *other* language
bindings? Ow the owshell tools?