owfs and python3

JohnneyBoy

Hello,

Is there any instructions, how to, or other pointers, on how to compile owfs (python extensions) with python3?

regards John

Re: owfs and python3

Tomasz Torcz-4
On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 03:30:53PM +0000, John Bass wrote:

> Is there any instructions, how to, or other pointers, on how to compile owfs (python extensions) with python3?

  Hi,

does anyone knows the answer?

--
Tomasz Torcz                                                       72->|   80->|
xmpp: [hidden email]                                          72->|   80->|

Re: owfs and python3

Stefano Miccoli
You mean the code under 'module/swig/python’? It is very old and unmaintained: I would guess that it should be quite difficult to port it under python3.

If an ownet interface is sufficient, my own pyownet is fully tested and maintained from python 3.2 to python 3.5, see http://pyownet.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html#python-version-support

Stefano

> On 04 Jul 2016, at 14:12, Tomasz Torcz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 03:30:53PM +0000, John Bass wrote:
>>
>> Is there any instructions, how to, or other pointers, on how to compile owfs (python extensions) with python3?
>

>  Hi,
>
> does anyone knows the answer?
>

> --
> Tomasz Torcz                                                       72->|   80->|
> xmpp: [hidden email]                                          72->|   80->|

Re: owfs and python3

Mick Sulley
I have written control systems for my solar heating and a couple of
other systems using owfs and Python 2.7 but conversion to Python 3 would
be pretty simple.  I just use system calls to owserver, owfs and owhttpd

Cheers
Mick

On 05/07/16 00:29, Stefano Miccoli wrote:

> You mean the code under 'module/swig/python’? I, it is very old and unmaintained: I would guess that it should be quite difficult to port it under python3.
>
> If an ownet interface is sufficient, my own pyownet is fully tested and maintained from python 3.2 to python 3.5, see http://pyownet.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html#python-version-support
>
> Stefano
>

>> On 04 Jul 2016, at 14:12, Tomasz Torcz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 03:30:53PM +0000, John Bass wrote:
>>> Is there any instructions, how to, or other pointers, on how to compile owfs (python extensions) with python3?
>>
>>   Hi,
>>
>> does anyone knows the answer?
>>

>> --
>> Tomasz Torcz                                                       72->|   80->|
>> xmpp: [hidden email]                                          72->|   80->|

Re: owfs and python3

Matthias Urlichs-3
Stefano Miccoli <mocme <at> icloud.com> writes:

> If an ownet interface is sufficient, my own pyownet is fully tested and
maintained from python 3.2 to python
> 3.5, see http://pyownet.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html#python-
version-support

There's also an asyncio (3.5, easily portable to 3.4) implementation, allowing
you to do things like

   temp = float(await
server.at("uncached","10.123123123123").read("temperature"))

It's part of my "MoaT" effort; feel free to copy it to a standalone module.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs