owtcl and forcing bus rescan.

Jan Kandziora
Serg, and anybody else who's into this,

I want to use iButton keys with my vending machine. They just appear on the
1-Wire wire bus when connected, disappear when disconnected (but only on bus
rescan).

With owfs, I can always touch the "uncached" directory to force a rescan of
the bus, and thus, get all the keys connected - but with owtcl, this is not
possible. Am I right? Or how to achieve a bus rescan with owtcl?

RE: owtcl and forcing bus rescan.

Alfille, Paul H.,M.D.
read the "uncached" directory.

Am Montag, 13. Juni 2005 21:50 schrieb Alfille, Paul H.,M.D.:
> read the "uncached" directory.

That does not work with owtcl, as an "OW::get" does only return the cached
1Wire node directories and the "alarm" directory. All other directories are
invisible and I get an error if I want to access them (by "OW::get uncached"
e.g.)

Serg Oskin
Has checked up - works correctly:
$ tclsh
% package require owtcl
0.1
% ::OW::init /dev/ttyS0
% ::OW::get
09.9B3099010000/
% ::OW::get uncached/
09.9B3099010000/
# Connected new iButton device
% ::OW::get
09.9B3099010000/
% ::OW::get uncached/
01.62EA41020000/ 09.9B3099010000/
% ::OW::get
09.9B3099010000/ 09.9B3099010000/
# Disconnected iButton device
% ::OW::get
09.9B3099010000/ 09.9B3099010000/
% ::OW::get uncached/
01.62EA41020000/
% ::OW::get
09.9B3099010000/

In the future there will be an option "-uncached", examples:

::OW::get -uncached
::OW::get -uncached 12.123456000000
::OW::get -uncached 1F.654321000000/aux/12.123456000000

Serg.

"JK" == Jan Kandziora wrote:

 JK> Am Montag, 13. Juni 2005 21:50 schrieb Alfille, Paul H.,M.D.:
 >> read the "uncached" directory.
 >>
 JK> That does not work with owtcl, as an "OW::get" does only return the cached
 JK> 1Wire node directories and the "alarm" directory. All other directories are
 JK> invisible and I get an error if I want to access them (by "OW::get uncached"
 JK> e.g.)

 JK> Kind regards

 JK> Jan

        Serg (http://oskin.ru/)
~
~
:q!

Am Dienstag, 14. Juni 2005 08:21 schrieb Serg Oskin:

> Has checked up - works correctly:
> $ tclsh
> % package require owtcl
> 0.1
> % ::OW::init /dev/ttyS0
> % ::OW::get
> 09.9B3099010000/
> % ::OW::get uncached/
> 09.9B309901000

Ok, then I'll try again. Maybe I had dyslexia (hopefully nonpermanent) when I
first tried.

Re: owtcl and forcing bus rescan.

Serg Oskin
Sorry. I have inaccuratly copied it by mouse. :)

"PHA" == Paul H Alfille wrote:

> [...]

        Serg (http://oskin.ru/)
~
~
:q!

Am Dienstag, 14. Juni 2005 09:36 schrieb Jan Kandziora:

> Am Dienstag, 14. Juni 2005 08:21 schrieb Serg Oskin:
> > Has checked up - works correctly:
> > $ tclsh
> > % package require owtcl
> > 0.1
> > % ::OW::init /dev/ttyS0
> > % ::OW::get
> > 09.9B3099010000/
> > % ::OW::get uncached/
> > 09.9B309901000
>
> Ok, then I'll try again. Maybe I had dyslexia (hopefully nonpermanent) when
> I first tried.

You were both right. I really had dyslexia. Sorry for the inconvenience.